Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Mainboard' started by angus, Sep 9, 2016.
angus can you cleanse this thread title of the bad run it back mojo. Thx.
92 percent of our dropbacks were with 5 OL only, no help minus the HB. Maybe put a TE or two in formation?
I tried to work through what we could do at OL with guys we have/keep as of now and it made my brain hurt.
What is helping today is going back to pages 4-5-6 of this thread and reading some scorching takes about drafting Mahomes. I highly recommend it if you want some levity this morning.
This was a fun exchange
but actually maybe not hyperbole
not trying to single you out Reocho, just laughed at the five super bowls thing since that seems to definitely be in the realm of possibilities now
turns out 5 was a sandbag
I literally LOL'd when I saw the first post quoted there
This is funny as hell too.
We are stuck with Clark unless we find a willing trade partner. Cutting Schwartz and Fisher frees up $19 mil in cap, we should be able to find 3-4 veteran OL for that.
Oh I was very wrong about mahomes. Happily ate all the crow I could.
I had been hearing he was the target, but assumed Watson would be gone by then. I was surprised that Watson was still around and we took him.
I think my wrongest Mahomes take was being unsure about moving Alex thinking it might be a year early.
we should probably spend 1-2 draft picks on OL. the situation isn’t as bad as it looked last night, but we absolutely need depth. I would love to see us try and get Jason Kelce at a bro discount, he has tread left and is a savvy player.
getting a true #3 WR would help us about as much as OL, honestly, if we get fisher back. Mitch is done
I’m torn between going all in on Patrick doing Patrick things and taking some pressure off of him by investing in defense.
What, you don't enjoy muffed punts at the 5 yard line every damn game?
Let’s trade Chris Jones and Mecole Hardman to someone for their best OL and two first round picks.
Watkins would be a perfect #3 WR if he wasn't made of glass.
we should invest in offense. we need an average to slightly below average defense. we are the ones adding pressure when we force other teams to score 35 to beat us (last night and the 19 Colts game excepted). that’s our team identity
yep I love Sammy but he’s just not reliable enough
Maybe I can try out for OL. I’m big, I’m also slow enough that it will trick defenders into thinking I’m going to move and I actually won’t therefore getting in their way long enough to let whoever has the ball to get away.
Just getting in the way of a DL is apparently more difficult than it looks. Us KU fans are experts on shitty OL play.
See, I’m going backward in this scenario, making it impossible to hurdle me and more likely they step into my squishy gut and fall down.
We’ll give him the Patrick price.
The line is going to need a ton of work.
Right now we're going to have 1....possibly 0 starters returning on the line in 2021.
Fisher might be back but won't be 100%
Week 1 starter was Osemele. Don't think he will be back. Allegretti will be though.
Reiter is going to get a big contract in FA. He's gone.
Tardiff will be back at RG, but he's average at best.
Schwartz is done, I think.
Niang needs to probably spend a year in the weight room and playing spot duty.
I think we need 2 OT's, a Center and a #2 WR on Offense.
On Defense they need a DE, another LB and a enforcer at safety.
Oh and a punter. God Townsend sucks ass.
E: Need a corner, too.
I heard someone (a player, can’t remember who) on a media day this week say that Durant is coming along well. Not sure if that means anything or it it was just teammate bullshit.
just keep eating, see you at the combine
Brittany is insufferable on Twitter holy shit
That would be a pleasant surprise for sure.
He did look terrible when he played this season, but shouldn't be lost that he was an UDFA during a season with nearly 0 offseason workouts.
Good news is this year looks promising to fill some needs on the line. It might be practical to rebuild the whole line quickly.
Found the clip. 40:00
I'm crushed. He was awesome.
Holy shit, just saw this scrolling Twitter and I was shocked. I've been reading and listening to him on local sports radio for years, always thought he seemed like a really good dude. RIP.
I’m shocked. This is sad as hell. He was one of the best. 37 is so damn young.
Motherfucker. He was the best writer following the Chiefs.
This fucking year.
man that fucking sucks
Damn. Sam has a good piece.
That ending from Sam
- Cut Fisher. He's missed 15 games the last two years, and would save $12M against the cap. And this Achilles injury is going to make a solid 2021 season almost impossible.
- Sign Kelvin Beachum as a stop gap at LT. Great pass blocker, so-so run blocker. Could get him on a 2-year, $12M deal.
- Draft the future LT. Even if we have to give up a '22 1st to trade up for Sewell/Slater/Darrisaw. Big falloff after them imo. Walker Little has some big question marks, as do guys like Cosmi, Jenkins and Radunz. Need to make the investment regardless.
- Restructure Schwartz, if he comes back. He's more reliable and plays at a higher level than Fisher. If he doesn't come back (willingly or otherwise) that frees up an additional $10M if he retires ($6.5M if they cut him).
- Sign Alex Mack to a 1-year, $5M deal. He was a middle-of-the-pack center this year, and his pass blocking was average at best, but he's been an All Pro and would probably take a 1-year deal for a last shot at a Super Bowl.
- Let Wylie and Reiter walk. Reiter was serviceable, but there are better options out there in the middle of the draft for less money. Wylie was flat-out bad.
- Re-sign Osemele for vet minimum. Give him a shot at LG. I thought the line took a significant turn once he went out. But there has to be depth behind him.
- Let Niang and Allegretti fight it out at RG, but draft another IOL in the 3rd (Humphrey, Meinerz, Cleveland, Trey Smith) to compete here and/or backup Osemele.
- Bottom line is two of the first three picks need to be O-line. Would be great to get Schwartz back, but back problems are so damn iffy.
Mahomes-baby is our new overlord
But also it could still mean he’s done, but healthy in general.
the Mitch is back