Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Mainboard' started by JPWahoo, Jun 25, 2010.
Levrone had 3-30 last night.
4-51 according to yahoo.com
how do i get one of those in poster form?
Not sure. I skimmed the virginiasports.com site to see if they had last year’s and didn’t see anything but programs.
Not sure there is a lot of substance in that? Curious of JPWahoo opinion
Coaches will have to sit in an admissions training meeting, big deal
I think it's just them saying hey we don't do anything like the USC/Ivy scandal this year and this is making sure we have policies in place to keep it that way.
i guess scout team guys can get hit too, but the freshman qbs not being given orange jerseys made me laugh
Any significance to Harvey wearing #40?
I doubt it - all the young QBs have had fucked up numbers under Bronco lol
all the typical qb numbers were taken? stone is 36.
chris moore got his number in the first round, he’s a big boost to the secondary if healthy.
Plenty of cheese in this, but this kind of stuff is miles ahead of where the program was under London in terms of branding and fan engagement.
good wholesome content. it's cool to see a brand being established.
(Unofficially) #32 in preseason AP poll. When was the last time we even made it into the "others receiving votes" for a preseason poll?
Edit: My crudely conducted research says 2005.
Yeah, there had been rumors for a while. Probably related to the same medical issue that kept him away to start last season. Never want to see a kid leave the team but at this point he was probably last or second to last on the bench.
We'll always have his piano performance at the national championship celebration.
having full knowledge of your recent struggles, that's still a bit surprising
Even the years when we've been decent, it was never an expectation at the beginning of the season.
Briggs officially starting
Couple players posting IG story vids from the coach softball game. I had no clue who Woldetense was... Forgot he was on the team
they gonna have Truly's or Claw?
saw a tweet about Landon Word getting some NFL draft respect. that wasn't my favorite tweet, but he seems to be doing well at JMU.
i know where they're at.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Virginia Athletics announced today (Aug. 29) a number of enhancements to the game day experience for home football games during the 2019 season. The enhancements include a new sound system as well as changes to entry procedures, the in-game presentation and concessions offerings.
"We're committed to improve the game day experience for our fans," said Virginia athletics director Carla Williams. "Our staff closely reviewed the survey feedback we received during and after the 2018 season and created plans to address a number of items that were consistently mentioned in the surveys. We will continue to ask our fans for their feedback so we can work to make the time they spend at Scott Stadium as enjoyable as possible."
• The price of bottled water for sale at concession stands has been reduced to $3. Two additional hydration stations will be available to provide complimentary water in sustainable cups. One hydration station is located inside the northwest gate on the outer concourse of the stadium near section 128. The other hydration station is located on the northeast side of the stadium on the outer concourse near section 104. The hydration stations will serve as a supplement to water fountains located throughout the facility.
• Beverage gardens will be located inside Scott Stadium's east and west gates and will serve beer, wine and hard cider to fans of legal drinking age. The beverage gardens will open 90 minutes before kickoff and will be open to the public. Beer, wine, hard cider, water and light snacks will be available for purchase. Guests 21 and older will be given a bracelet following an ID check. The bracelet will enable each guest to purchase two drinks at one time and up to four drinks during the game. All alcohol must be consumed inside each beverage garden and sales will end at the conclusion of the third quarter.
• A point-of-sale system has been installed at concessions stands that is designed to improve the transaction time for each order.
• New concessions offerings include: an assortment of tacos (Philly steak, Buffalo chicken and zucchini), Bojangles' spicy chicken sandwiches, local Virginia sausages and bratwurst as well as vegetarian burgers and cheese steak sandwiches.
Pre-Game and Entry Procedure Enhancements
• Live bands will be playing on the patio outside the Aquatic and Fitness Center starting one hour, 45 minutes before kickoff. Fan Fest will continue to be held inside the gymnasium at the AFC. Fan Fest includes inflatable games, youth activities and televisions displaying other games from around the country. Fan Fest will open 90 minutes before kickoff.
• Pedestal scanners will be added at each gate. The pedestal scanners reduce the amount of time it takes to scan tickets at the gate and will help expedite entry into Scott Stadium.
• Free bag check services will be located outside the east and west gates. The free bag check service enables fans to check bags that are not permitted inside the stadium and to pick up their bag(s) following the game. Space at the bag check locations is limited and fans are encouraged not to bring bags to Scott Stadium.
A reminder, the bag policy remains in place for the 2019 season. Bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and cannot exceed 12" x 6" x 12" or clear one-gallon plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar) are also permitted. Small clutch bags/wallets no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" (with or without a handle or strap) can be taken into the stadium and will be subject to search.
• Virginia Athletics has created a partnership with Lyft. A drop-off and pick-up area has been identified at the corner of Whitehead Road and Stadium Road.
• Scott Stadium will feature a new sound system for the 2019 system. The sound system will improve the clarity of the music, PA announcements and videos played on Hoo Vision and will more evenly distribute the sound across all seating sections.
• The presentation to accompany the team's entrance before the start of the game has been adjusted. These revisions include a new opening video to replace the Adventures of Cavman as a prelude to the Cavalier on horseback taking the field. Pyrotechnics and bursts of flames will accompany the entrance sequence. Fireworks will also be set off after Virginia scores during night games.
• The Ting WiFi network has been optimized. WiFi will continue to be available for free to all fans during the season. Fans will be prompted to complete a one-time sign-in page upon registering to the network. Once a user has signed in, their mobile device will automatically be connected to the network at both Scott Stadium and John Paul Jones Arena. Fans will not be asked to complete the sign-in page again unless they are attempting to do so with a separate mobile device.
• Tim Zawacki, the public address voice of Virginia men's basketball and men's lacrosse, will be the public address voice of Cavalier football this fall.
• The game day script has been revised to enable more music from the Cavalier Marching Band and DJ Ron Manila to be played in-game. DJ Ron Manila will move into the student section as well.
• A countdown clock will be located next to the red hat timeout coordinator on the field during each media timeout. The clock will display the time remaining in the timeout.
• Interactive games for fans of all ages will once again be set-up outside the Hooville lower level end zone seating section in the south concourse. The games will be available to play when gates open 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
Virginia Athletics will once again send post-game surveys to fans in addition to conducting a comprehensive survey at the end of the season to identify opportunities to improve the game day experience for fans of all ages.
All Hail Carla.
but new sound system is a good idea. maybe we added some of those speakers that play crowd noise like the SEC teams use.
I hope this addition of new Bojangles sandwich means another stand/location somewhere in the stadium. The one at the top of the hill is literally always 30+ deep with St. Chris bros
Battled injuries last year but he’s had a great spring/summer. There’s been a lot of nfl scouts at practice so that’s probably where the tweet came from. Expecting big things from him this year
First vomit in the beer [email protected] come make history
Come to Beer Gardens and stay for life!
i just threw up in my mouth thinking about that much alcohol
This D is so good
the offense got sloppy
we dont know what the fuck to do on defense
Run the ball?
one of the hits on bryce was on the right leg. he grabbed it as he rolled over. probably gonna feel that one for a while
we have been able to scheme up a field goal and a touchdown off of a turnover to start each half.
Media darlings 1-0
ive been waiting until after our game to truly enjoy that loss.
i’m not sure if generating pressure on the qb with our secondary is something we can do all year. it sure helped tonight
Have we ever blitzed that much?
i cant remember it. they weren’t going to throw anywhere near bryce, so it really freed us up to send someone.
that play where bryce recovered to break up the pass was incredible. he was at least 10 yards away when he realized what was going on.
Love seeing how active the former players are on Twitter about the team. Saw comments from Kiser, Llama Day, and even Kyle guy