Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Mainboard' started by Thoros of Beer, Feb 3, 2016.
Saw where they were talking about him potentially jumping Arch
he has a legit case to be #1 in the country overall but it really is splitting hairs between the top guys (i'm not counting Arch in that top group)
Arch is like the 3rd or 4th best QB in the class. Really, really good, but it’s clearly the last name that has him #1 overall.
Think Dante and Malachi are likely the real top two QBs, in whatever order.
Prister on Laurinitis...seems like he was a huge pickup as a GA this offseason. He's going to be a very good LB coach down the road
• When I think of…what Irish Illustrated has been told about defensive graduate assistant James Laurinaitis and his involvement in coaching the linebackers, coordinator Al Golden has placed considerable trust in the former Ohio State All-American.
Freeman confirmed what Irish Illustrated has heard regarding Golden’s desire to spend more time overseeing the entire defense while collaborating with Laurinaitis in coaching the linebackers.
“Laurinaitis is running a lot of meetings and is really helping out with those linebackers so Golden can pull back and do things as a coordinator,” Freeman said. “James is unbelievable. Unbelievable.”
Freeman said that was the plan with Laurinaitis when discussions about him joining the Notre Dame staff were initiated.
Irish Illustrated has requested an interview with Laurinaitis, which is expected to be granted later in July.
Oh for sure - but coming from the 247 guys jumping Arch is a big deal because that'd make him #1 overall
Dante and Malachi are top 3-5 overall players in the class
Arch is a top 50 or so player
Nico does have the highest ceiling in the class IMO but by far the biggest bust potential of the top QBs
this guy on 247 has been absolutely adamant that Dante will land at ND in the end (he's been saying this for weeks now)...I believe he said his kids know Dante or something along those lines but I don't remember anymore
fantastic post to sum up why Mich sux at recruiting
The Michigan faithful (drinking the coolaid, as all fanbases do) are blaming this on NIL and losing the prospects for pay to play
They’re totally missing the point. It’s fascinating.
- Michigan lost both coordinators (including their best in-person recruiter, Gattis) and ace Shaun Nua.
- Their Recruiting Director then took a defensive analyst role at Ole Miss & their Director of Player Personnel made a lateral move to Washington
- Harbaugh rearranged [what was left] of the staff and shifted almost every remaining coach into a new role, as he scrambled to assemble a staff and fill gaps (way behind schedule)
- their recruiting board totally went up in smoke and all the coaching movement basically put them at the back of the line relationship-building wise with ‘23 prospects (two years of recruiting groundwork was essentially lost)
- The kids and their families are rejecting this new “I’m excited for the future” sentiment out of hand given that Harbaugh …. yanno, just tried to get outta dodge … which importantly he doesn’t deny
- In fact, the single thing most of these kids know about him is the media coverage of him interviewing with the Vikings this offseason.
- there is an incredibly widespread negative recruiting pitch (used across the board, in every conference) against UM, with receipts / screenshots, of his staff from last year putting feelers out to other coaches … looking to potentially secure a new gig for themselves given that many of them thought Harbaugh was being offered/taking the Vikings job
And all of this self sabotage has nothing to do with NIL. Yet that fanbase is mostly fooled and is focused on pay to play. And hellbent on defending Harbaugh.
ha, Jackson Arnolds wins the Elite 11 MVP (according to the actual camp people)
Dante ain’t coming - he ap
If carr doesn’t reclassify, easily one of the dumbest run outs for qb recruiting ever.
No clue why but I think this happens
"Lot of talk about what car I'm going I'm going to get after my current lease expires in January. Not ruling that out, but the one car I want - the one I've always wanted - is the Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4. That's where the energy will likely be placed."
A pod of bc, usc, Purdue, Msu. With 2 of um, osu, Clemson, psu, Wisconsin, every year would be sick
Well he’s got probably the best username I’ve ever seen
I just want it to happen for more UM laughs
Two mega conferences with a serious north/south vibe seems to be the natural progression of things here. We’ll be in the Big25 soon enough.
sure, but the person issuing that quote would be the guy turning in a Bugatti for the Countach at this point
woof this is happening
Fuck me, it’s absolutely incredible that shit sports schools like Rutgers and South Carolina get to be a long for the ride on this stuff
Kevin Warren being in London is really interesting
I take one day off. One damn day to go rafting with some friends. Come back and USC is in the fucking big 10.
it’s on you
I feel sick to my stomach that we are going to be in a conference with rutgers
If someone had said to me ten years ago that we would join the B1G following our archrival from Los Angeles doing the same I would be all:
When Micah Bell said he wants to win a conference title as a freshman, we all thought that meant he was going somewhere else, but maybe he just galaxy brained this whole thing into existence
The fact that SC beat ND to joining the B1G is truly mindblowing lol
I think that was the kid from Oklahoma, Tease
HEY CONFERENCE BUDDIES
LMAO, nows not the time
please kick Michigan out first
The one bright spot would be that we might get to see CJ Carr beat Michigan now
I am psyched. If this shakes out how it should with some of the Carolina schools joining too it will be a pretty sick coast to coast conference schedule
Rumors already that Oregon and Washington trying to get in
SC needed a bag and the BIG dropped it. Their legal bs and the weak Pac revenue stream makes them desperate
I always said that the big ten was the toughest division top to bottom.
Speak for yourself. We weren't all cabrewing today. We've had time to process and we're ready to roll.
new favorite player just dropped
that’s pretty much my thought process also
Not going to lie going to a game at the Rose Bowl against UCLA sounds pretty badass
We played there in 2007 and somehow won
Went in 2007, an epic duel
That fucking game, probably Charlie's best win. Avoided double digit losses
2-0 all-time in the Rose Bowl!