Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Soccer Board' started by nexus, Sep 7, 2010.
I was simply asking what you thought the overhaul would look like you dumb prick
Seriously though it probably requires some combination of:
1. Totally overhauling the midfield. Inexplicably the team is incapable of creating centrally (though the tactics are part of the problem) despite having plenty of skilled "playmakers" on the roster. Modric (as great as he's been) is 34 and slowing down and the team has to find his long term replacement. Kroos is a great player but needs a dynamic/high work rate guy next to him. Casemiro seems to finally be putting it all together and has been the lone bright spot in the MF so far. The futures of Isco, James, Ceballos and others have to be sorted out.
2. Upgrading the entire backline by finding Marcelo's and Ramos' replacement (meaning a world class player that can step in and start immediately), making a decision on Varane, and sorting out what to do with Hakimi, Odriozola and Regulion.
3. Finding long term answers on the wings. Hazard seems to be the starter on the left (though he's been a disappointment so far) but the right wing needs consistency. Is it Bale and if so for how long? When do they move for Mbappe? Do they make a move for Neymar or another big name before? What are they going to do with Vinicius, Rodrygo and Brahim? Benzema has been outstanding the last few years but is on the wrong side of 30. Is Jovic his long term replacement? What are they going to do with the youth?
4. Is Courtois the answer in net? If not do they finally bring De Gea back to Spain or ride it until Lunin is ready?
5. Most importantly, have they/will they go all in with Zidane? How much control does he really have? How long will his support last if the club continues to struggle? Does he have what it takes to revamp the broken tactics and if not who is the correct person to replace him? God help us if Jose's name keeps getting thrown around.
You can celebrate considering Barca's very stable situation
that's an elite ball from Bale. Tidy first time finish too
lol at no call there
really nice chip from Eden. Hopefully that gets him on track
Frustrating last 30 minutes but nice to see Soup's boy makes a triumphant return
Next weekend’s Classico moved to December because of the rioting in Catalonia
This team fucking sucks
Absolutely insane to think that the season may hinge on an October match against the 6th placed team in Turkey but here we are. Absolutely need 3 points tomorrow or they'll be at risk of not advancing which is a ludicrous thing to have to be typing.
This can’t be said enough
Every single touch is just weak. No one is playing with any sort of confidence on the attacking final 1/3.
Okay that was nice
that was much needed too
Courtois saved their ass 3 times in the first. Defending has to be better.
fucking hell Hazard why the fuck are you hitting it that hard
That was very meh, for a lot of reasons, but it's a much needed 3 points and now a week off to hopefully get guys healthy
Benzema the best CF in the world
Really glad Jovic got his first. He's been super unlucky and could easily have 5 or 6 already but I really like what he offers coming off the bench.
Great performance today. Finally got off to a hot start and just poured it on.
Love this man, a great read
How the fuck do they not even review that? They review every god damn call these days but don’t even take a look at the clear handball in the box? Like how does that happen?
He's still super raw but Rodgryo has a composure and calmness on the ball that Vinicius doesn't. Great touch and move to free himself and create space there
Lord have mercy what a debut
perfect finish to that match
that was tremendous awareness by Valverde to play that square instead of trying to poke it by the keeper. It's early but his energy and effort is just what the midfield was missing.
Also this is easily the best Eden has looked so far. Vintage Hazard on that penalty and then again beating guys left and right off the dribble and break.
this might cause an issue if/when he returns to Madrid
What a stupid dumbass
You think he’s just gonna like disappear all December?
I imagine he'd like to just keep his ass in Cardiff but he's got 350K reasons to go back
This team sucks so fucking bad coming back from breaks
Good response and control of the match. Interesting that Zidane threw Bale right back out there
Nice win away from home in shitty weather
Can't understand why Casemiro is out there considering this game means nothing and they've got Valencia, Barcelona and Bilbao coming up in the span of a week
Rodrygo has been excellent
Yeah that was a nice volley
The defense there, not so much
Class finish by Luka to put that one away
Zidane finally sitting Casemiro and protecting him for Wednesday
Eden is a really really great player, i love him
He sure is. It’d be great to see him fucking play.
Holy shit what a finish
So there's a game today
After 1100 days and 176 matches it's the last one wearing the CWC badge for a while
Feels weird not seeing Luka out there in huge games like this
lol at both of no calls. Varane was litterally dragged to the ground by his jersey and then kicked in the thigh within seconds
And then, to know ones surprise, Alba acts like a fucking douchebag.