Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Mainboard' started by HotMic, May 7, 2022.
Pretty crazy, all in separate villas.
Growing up I thought “time of my life” was just a catchy tune created for sandals commercials.
Where does he get the ass to run down Sandals? Sandals rocks
My bets are on bad booze or pesticides.
I want to make a Michael Scott joke.
Then again, I want to find a Ja Rule punchline somewhere.
Paralysis by analysis, I got nothing.
Didn’t something like this happen in Jamaica or the Dominican a while back? Was bad booze iirc
I recall some Mexican resort where a teen child or two? Of a family died maybe 4 or 5 years ago
quick google search found this
One I was thinking of
Someone messaged me yesterday and said they heard it was carbon monoxide. Makes no sense to me considering they were in different rooms but I'm also not an expert on carbon monoxide poisoning. Nausea and vomiting fit that theory though.
All the government has said so far is that the don't suspect foul play.
I got this reference.
They are taking “all inclusive” too far imo
Who the hell is just sliding into your dms with cause of death info?
If it went down the way that article suggested that is super fucking terrifying. I'm not sure if high levels of methanol mixed in with ethanol would taste any different, and all of a sudden you start dying very quickly.
P sure he lives in the Bahamas
My wife & I stayed there 15ish years ago holy fuck we shouldn’t be alive
You sure you aren’t in purgatory rn?
Ae you saying he might be...
This doesn’t happen at Slides Resort
I’ve never been to an all-inclusive resort. Getting married in October though so maybe we’ll look into that.
jk there’s really no reason to ever leave Ohio.
Slight chance of random carbon monoxide poisoning should make you feel right at home if Ohio is anything like I imagine it.
All inclusive baby!
Happened in Mexico I remember for sure. Family was from Milwaukee area IIRC
Carbon monoxide poisoning sent 6 to the hospital at the Westin in Nashville a few years ago.
Idk why a resort as large as Sandals didn't have carbon monoxide detectors
Carbon Monoxide continues to frighten, but at least it was peaceful for the victims
Please do not criticize the free market
If you consider delirium, vomiting, etc peaceful then I suppose yes
This is not how it’s been explained to me
I thought you just kinda passed out then drowned
They were feeling extreme nausea-type symptoms for a full day ahead of dying. Even went to the infirmary to get checked out.
all of these people were sick/ poisoned the night before and sought treatment and from the articles I read the bodies were found like in the bathrooms and signs of vomiting, etc.
Man that’s awful, so are there different ways of being CO poisoned? Cuz didn’t Weird Al’s parents die this way?
Carbon monoxide poison, how does it work?
You can die in your sleep or if you have been drinking just pass or have irreversible brain damage before you even know what happened. I suppose there’s varying levels of CO poisoning. Maybe sitting in a garage with a running car is a higher level poisoning than these folks had.
Earlier this year a Hampton Inn in Ohio had a carbon monoxide leak in their pool area that sent like 12 people to the hospital. I believe they all lived, but you'd expect a Hampton Inn to have those detectors all over too.
I know a few people who have gotten carbon monoxide poisoning from the air compressors we use while diving. Basically if you start feeling weak, vomiting, get suddenly cold, check the air intake hose for a hole near the air compressor engine. It doesn't seem to be a pleasant experience in those cases.
I was in an old science building during undergrad which had these old jail looking courtyards that were completely enclosed by the building. Someone was pressure washing the one that was close to us and after a few minutes we started getting headaches and realized the ventilation must have been sucking up all the CO and pumping it directly into our room. We left and waited a half hour or so after the facility people got the guy to stop.
One of the things I learned in grad school was to always carry a portable CO detector with me when staying in a strange place.
Of course, back then it was a canary in a cage, but still.
This happens a surprising amount of times with indoor pools.
Also, staph infections from hot tubs.
If you're those people's family you get paid $$$$$ right? Pretty negligent thing to happen to their loved ones
lmbo, I was at Georgia Southern and between my Junior and Senior years I applied and got an REU to do research at the Cell and Molecular Bio department at Carnegie Mellon. The big building where a lot of the labs are was built probably over 100 years ago at this point and didn't include windows unless they faced inward toward these weird courtyards.
Depends upon what Bahamian law allows.
I should buy some carbon monoxide detectors