Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TMB Book Club' started by Truman, Mar 5, 2017.
Thanks. I just removed the questions. Probably was just asking to get spoiled on something.
- Looking forward to see what these private lessons w Dumbledore are all about
- Nice. Trips down the pensive are always enlightening
- This has to be Voldemort's family, but not sure how yet.
- His mom's family?
-Yep. So a squib and a muggle create one of the most powerful wizards? Well I'll be darn.
- This is Jerry Springer shit. His momma tried to trap her dad with love potions, then some some baby mama shit then he just bounced.
- The constant teases about Dumbledore's hand are starting to wear on me. Dat ring...
- Hagrid has been ghosting on them, but I guess they ghosted him first
- Harry hating life trying to put this team together
- Good job Ron. Won the shootout and tryout
- LOL at him getting all cocky.
- Hagrid getting all testy
- At least they squashed it quickly.
- heh at Hermione confounding McLaggen. Love it when she breaks the rules
- This detention w snape should be good. Sucks for harry, but in interested to see how Snape treats him 1 on 1
- Well shit. We skipped ahead a few weeks.
- Still trying to figure out who the half blood prince is. Still pretty bullish on it being Voldemort, which means Im prob wrong
- This katie shit....
- oh wow someone using her as a mule
- Telling McGonagall about his Malfoy theory and what he saw in the shop
- She's absolving Draco of blame just because he had detention w her, which brings me back to why they are not even a little suspicious of him because well - he's a malfoy.
- More lessons w Dumbledore
- So Voldemort's mom was a witch, but stopped using magic, or heartbreak caused her to lose the ability. Im still confused why her dad called her a squib
- Ohhh going into Dumbledore's memories
- Dumbledore trying to get Tom/V- out of the orphanage to Hogwarts
- Sounds like he was a terror from an early age
- and a thief
- big takeaways from this lesson - Voldemort never wants any friends by choice, he likes trophies like a little :cerealkiler:
- Harry thinking about what happens if Ron and Hermione start dating
- Thought they were being weird a few books ago, but nothing more about that until now
- lol when Ron saw Ginny making out w Ginny. "Snogging" is a hilarious word
- Ginny is just ethering her big bro about not getting any
- Oh now Harry is catching feels for Ginny?
- Ron trying to quit the team smh.
- lol what is Harry trying to spike Ron's drink with?
- This new announcer sucks balls.
- Ron sucking face with some rando just to prove his sister wrong.
- Now Hermione is all bummed out
-Oh shit, ron pulled this chick into the room w Hermione and Harry. Awkward....
- Sigh... I dont have much interest in the drama of hormone crazed teens figuring out their feelings for the opposite sex. Could see it coming for a while now. Hopefully it's not too think moving forward
mostly because he is a POS.
lol, well yeah - I gathered that much.
that's pretty much the reason. He looks down on his daughter because she is not as powerful as he is so he calls her a squib.
This would have made so many people so happy if they casted Ginny with someone that looked like early 2016 Bella Thorne.
To be fair it would've been kinda creepy for them to be casting back in CoS for the girl they thought would be the hottest when she got to be 15
I mean in the books, Ginny looks like what Emma Watson looks like, while Hermione should look more like Bonnie Wright.
-Harry asked Luna to Slughorn’s Party,cool
- Heh Peeves evesdropping on them
- Hermione being all smug about bringing Cormac
- When Pavarti brings up Krum and her liking Quiddich players “I only like GOOD Quidditch players”. Burn. Buuuuuuurn
- Harry - The lengths girls go to get revenge…. You have no idea bud
- Just dawned on me that Slughorn is collecting these students as trophies of sorts - like Dumbldore said V likes to collect trophies. Probably reading too much into it in this instance
- Heh at Hermione escaping McGlaggin under the mistletoe and bitching about him just talking about Quidditch all the time. Making people jelly sin’t all it’s cracked up to be, Is it Hermione?
- Snape is here…
- pffft at Luna’s Auror conspiracy. Bringing the Ministry down w Dark Magic and….. gum disease??? Lol
- Draco trying to crash the party because he wasn’t invited. Embarrassing
-Snape pulling Draco aside, Harry going to snoop. Surely he won’t get caught again by Snape using his invisibility cape, right? (Sarcasm)
- Well he dint get caught, but Snape is laying it on thick with Draco. I can never get a read on the guy and what his true motives are. Still seems like he’s working w V and the DE, but have my doubts.
- Unbreakable curse is death if you break it. Perhaps that’s how Snape goes out?
- Love the twins giving Ron shit about his girl. Best big bros ever.
- Percy still being a twat :Tebow:
- Lupin been living w the Werewolves. Most are working w Voldemort
- Greyback is the Voldemort of werewolves it seems. And preys upon children
- Harry asking about this half blood prince. Lupin said it’s not any of Harry’s dad’s friends. When is he going to put it together it’s Voldemorts. It’s gotta be voldemorts
- Oh man, Lavender’s chain to Ron….
- Percy came. Mrs Weasley will be so happy! Im happy for here
- Scrimgeour trying to use Harry as a mascot and he’s not having it. Awesome.
Still blows my mind that Truman is so unsullied with regards to HP spoilers and plot points. I didn't believe prior to this that such a person existed
More reading today pls
- More lessons w Dumbledore, told snape's convo with Draco.
- Dumbledore brushed him off. Doesn't seem too concerned.
- Voldemort framed his uncle in his parents and grand parents... dang
- Ahhh so Dumbledore wants Harry coerce Slughorn to lift the fog of his memory w Voldemort
- Hermione calling Ron "Won Won" -- Is that why we call Savage, Wonald? weebay.gif
- Harry asking about the Horcurxes and Slughorn gets super pissy and sniffs out Dumbledore's plan immediately. What is up w this.
- Malfoy's 2 goons dont know what he's up to either
- Apperation Lessons...
- Spinching - ouch
- Harry trying to use map to keep tabs on Malfoy, but he keeps disappearing off it
- Romilda Vane? WHo dis?
- Oh shit Harry caught dem hands from Ron. Ron had to have taken that love potion going around
- LOL yup. Except they were meant for Harry
- Oh shit Lavender got the cold shoulder. This is gonna be bad for Won Won
- Oh no. Ron is poisoned? This is bad, but not the way I htought it would
- Seems Ron is ok.
- The poison was in the drink! Da fuck Slughorn
- Maybe this close call w Ron will bring he and hermione together.
- Dumbledore is angry w Snape? Wants him to investigate Slytherin? Keep blabbering Hagrid
- Lol at Hagrid telling Finch to fuck off
- Cormac trying to get Ron's spot right away...smh
- Oh man Harry having to listen to Lavender about Ron and shit. oof.
- LOL at Ron pretending to sleep when she visits
- Is this Luna calling the match? Lol yup.
- McLaggen needs to fall the fuck back and know his role
- McGonagall getting annoyed w Luna while she's announcing is great
- Collision and Harry is in the med ward w Ron now, hopnig to curry favor w Ginny over it. These two...
- Dobby and Kreacher rasslin' lol
- Harry having the Elves tail Malfoy. Kreacher is going to fuck it up some how
one of the best parts of the entire series
that girl is an amazingly adorable loon.
"I expect he regrets that now he's playing them - oh, look, he's lost the Quaffle, Ginny took it from him, I do like her, she's very nice..."
And my favorite exchange ever:
'... but now that big Hufflepuff player's got the Quaffle from her, I can't remember his name, it's something like Bibble — no, Buggins —'
"It's Cadwallader!" said Professor McGonagall loudly from beside Luna. The crowd laughed.
Read these 2 at the park so just going off memory
- Glad Hermione is over being mad at ron
- Voldemort wanting to teach is odd.
- This meeting years later is intense. Love the way Dumbledore just cuts through all the bullshit to point out why he's there, know he wont get the job, still calling him Tom. Such a power move.
- Ah so Draco is using that special room the DA used. Makes sense
- LOLOLOLOL at Ron clappping back at Snape during class about the difference between a ghost and that other thing.That was great
- Ron trying to be such a crappy BF that Lavender breaks up with him. As one that has used this strategy many a time in my youth - never works out as well as you hope.
- Who is this dude Myrtle is crushing on?
- Harry just saying fuck it and kicking the door to the magic room cracked me up. What was he expecting??
- That meeting w Tonks was weird too. She seemed really down instead of realy quirky.
- Hermione had to throw in that last barb at Ron about not laughing at his joke. And we start the cycle again...
- Kids are going to ice Hagrid again for the funeral. Understand why but that's gonna be rough on Hagrid
- Ron says to use the lucky potion when Harry asks to see Slughorns memories
- Hermione passes Apparition of course and ron fails by half an eyebrow..lol
- Harry drank that potion and feeling super cocky about going to Hagrid's now.
- Oh boy here comes a jealous Lavender. ha.
- Bumped into Slughorn on the way to Hagrid's. Invited slughorn is it happening???
- ha Hagrid and Slughorn getting shitfaced.
- Harry has Slughorn on the ropes here...
- Oh shit he got it! Yassss! Slughorn is pretty ashamed of this memory. What could it be??
- pppft at the Fat Lady lying to Harry about the password out of spite
- Ah Slughorn is teaching him about Horcruxes... thus giving him a gameplan moving forward
- So seven Horcuxes potentially. Does Harry need to find them all and destroy them?
- Or 6 according to Dumbledore. Although we're down to 4. The Diary and Marvolo's Ring
- Ah so the reason he wanted to teach was to collect House trophies and turn them into Horcruxes
- Dumbledore's been off searching for them and told Harry he can come along to destroy them.
- Been no secret Ive been annoyed w Dumbledore for keeping things from Harry. He pushing Harry off all this time about Slughorn's memory made me thing he was making the same mistake yet again, but he finally told Harry everything (unless he's keeping things from him). Good to see him not make that mistake yet again.
- Are these items that Draco threatened the shop teacher about must be the Horcruxes
- Is The Prince's potion book one of the Horcruxes? Seems redundant since he already used a diary as one, but
- Damn that pep talk by Dumbledore to Harry was great. Voldemort created Harry simply by choosing him yet Harry is still a pure wizard. Harry doesn't need to live by the prophecy, but it would be a choice Harry would make regardless. Does this new realization/POV change Harry? Give him more focus? Probably. I have a feeling this is where Harry loses whatever innocence and naivete he had left and becomes more serious.
- Ginny and Dean broke up... Put that boner away Harry
- Ron and Lavender too. lol at her just yelling at him. Sounds about right
- Katie is back and McLaggen is out. Gryffindore's A team is back.
- Draco is Moaning Myrtle's crush??? Oh god.
- Oh shit Harry, what did he do??
- Harry trying to hide his potions book before bring his bookbag to snape. I kind of wish he would bring it to Snape to see what happens
- Harry is an awful liar, lol. He's boned tho. All those detentions
-Gryffindore won! niiiiice!
- Oh shit... Harry smooched Ginny!!!!
- And Ron gives his blessing. alright alright alright
- Hermione with an interesting theory about the half blood prince being this Eileen chick
- Trelawney ran into someone/thing strange in the Room of Requirements
- Oh wow it does indeed sound like Dumbledore has yet again kept critical info from Harry that will surely cause him to get himself in trouble yet again. Sigh. Snape was evesdropping on Dumbledore and Trelawney and heard teh prophecy, surely told Voldemort
- Well I guess it's good that Dumbledore will have a chance to explain to harry before he does something dumb
- Y do you trust Snape? I just do Harry... deal with it AHHHHHHHHH!
- And we're in this cave
Shit is officially real
Oh I'm so excited
I remember explicitly where I was when I hit this spot on my first reading.
Spoiler, don't read Truman:
my then fiancée, now wife, made fun of me for getting emotional
I have read this book a number of times but if I'm reading it and hit chapter 20 or so I can't stop no matter what time it is until I finish
Not for Truman
and I get them feels every damn tome
just don't tempt him imo. put it in the regular HP thread
I mean if you clicked it really isn't much of a spoiler and I'm guessing he's going to finish at this point then post the last chapters ITT
I'm assuming you continued to read and will just be posting one large final update. Because I don't know how you could stop there.
A - Pls post spoilery and discussion stuff in the other thread
B - I have fam in town so not a ton of time to read. Probably done for the day . will finish tomorrow
How do you have this level of self control? I first read the series in college and I read all 7 in 5 days. I neglected everything and everyone except unmissable classes/assignments and work.
what the shit lol
it was 6 AM (started book 6 after dinner) when I got to the cave part and powered through the rest of the book.
Yeah... books 5-7 were read in a single sitting starting at midnight after the release party.
Basically the only discussion/spoilers s
Careful, Canes might get mad at you for saying the books are good. Spoilers man
only reason I said anything is because Truman has been pretty specific about keeping any potential spoilers out of this thread.
I'm just cranky because I just got done painting in the sun for 2.5 hours.
that sucks. sounds like you need a beer
Yeah we are visiting my sister in last in GA, I volunteered for the painting though so her husband wasn't doing it solo
- All these warnings not to touch the water. Harry is totally going fall into the water
- Dumbledore just gonna drink this potion like it's no biggie? big balls
- Dang Dumbledore is all messed up
- Does this potion put one of Voldemorts victims in the body of the drinker?
- Woo boy what a scene. As I said big balls by Dumbledore - they got out of there but that was close
- Now they got to destroy this locket somehow.
- Good job on Harry appareting them both out of there
- Dumbledore wants Snape to help him...
- Oh shit Dark Mark over Hogwarts
- Will Dumbledore undoing the safety enchantments around Hogwarts to get in faster come back to bite him?
- Draco ... mother fucker
- So he's been trying to kill Dumbledore? Is that because Voldemort is too much of a pussy to try?
- Draco bragging about someone dying... Who was it? I'm going to guess Tonks or Slughorn
- Oh Greyback is here... oh boy
- Damn I think Dumbledore almost had Draco turned
- Snape just busted through. Lets see what we got here. Ive been waiting for fucking ever for this
- No. Fucking. Way. No way.
- Shit is hitting the fan. Chaos everywhere. Snape snuck away w Draco.
- Tonks still alive so another one wrong for me
- Oh shit, thought Nevilee was dead
- Caught up to snape and blocking his shit left and right
- "not until you can keep your mouth shut and eyes closed" Is that a taunt, or a hint? Im still in shock Dumbledore is murked and holding out hope his is a ruse and Snape is still on the good guys side even though Ive always doubted it
- Snape is the half blood prince?? oooof. Another big miss by me. racking up L's left and right (now I know how bertwing feels)
- Buckbeak to the rescue
- Hagrid a goddam animal. Tough
- Who the fuck is R.A.B.? Racking my brain right now. Also Dumbledore weakened himself for nothing woof. I think he's really dead guys
- Bill was the body? Damn. Sounds like he's ok tho
- Oh man maybe not so ok. He's super fucked up
- Fleur finally won over Mrs Weasley. That's good at least
-Oh Tonks and Lupin...
- Harry still wont tell McGonagall what he and Dumbledore were doing
- McGonagall trying to decide what to do w Hogwarts now
- Man Fawkes left too. This is rough fellas
- Snape's background mirrors Voldemorts - Muggle dad, plays up the mother's side, dark arts ect
- Fuck Rita, Fudge and Umbridge being at Dumbledore's funeral
- Harry breaking up w Ginny in and attempt to protect her. She dont care. Ginny's a bad bitch
- Scrimgeour trying to get Harry to work w him again
- LOL at Ron pleading w Hermione to let him go punch Percy
- Harry not going back to Hogwarts. What a dumbass HS drop out (loljk)
- Harry going on a quest for the remaining Horcuxes and Voldemort and of course his homies are coming with.
- Ron would do it regardless. Hermione would too but you know how much Harry means to her if shes willing to give up schooling.
Me right now:
10/10. God damn. That was some Empire Strikes back tier shit right there
Order of the Phoenix drug a little bit for me. This book was amazing. Holy moly. Fucking Snape. That god damn mother fucking cock sucking POS. If we never find out why Dumbledore trusted him so much Im going to freak out. That little story about how Snape felt bad about pointing Voldemort in the Potter's direction doesn't hold water. There has to be more to it.
This is more entertaining than any twitch stream I've ever followed.
I legit screen shotted part of that post and sent it to a friend. This is my favorite thread on the board
OotP seems to be the book that has the widest variance of opinion among readers. It's one of my favorites, but there are a lot of people who find it slow.
Anyways, can't wait to see your thoughts Truman once you finish The Deathly Hallows and what you thought of the series as a whole. This has been a great thread, to follow along with your immediate reactions.
the image doesn't show up Truman
gonna need a theory post about the horcruxes before you start DH
there were hints dropped by JK between 6 and 7 about them. Can give you that clue if you want
No thanks on the hints.
- Well I think Harry wins and defeats Voldemort. That would be some crap if he lost. I think He, Ron and Hermione all live and hopefully Ron and Hermione get to live happily ever after and Harry does w Ginny. Although Ginny probably finds herself in danger.
Now that Dumbledore has died, no one is off limits. Surely someone dies which does has me worried about Ginny. I think lots of people die. Maybe Percy martyrs himself to save Ron and redeems himself. I hope it's none of the other Weasleys. That would sting. Maybe Luna? that would be sad as hell. I feel like she set up Tonks and Lupin to find love. Killing one or both of them after all that time in limbo would be a bummer. Oh... Nevile getting revenge on Bellatrix would be pretty dope.
I really have no proof any of those will happen. Just some guesses/some wishful thinking which means they'll all be wrong.
Snape has really gotten to me though. After all this time Ive had so many doubts he was loyal to Dumbledore - now that he fucking killed him, now there's a tinge of doubt that he's fully w the DEs. Is this something Dumbledore foresaw and planned for? Did Snape tell Dumbledore he took the unbreakable vow to keep his cover and this was a contingency plan? Dumbledore begging Snape right before was so out of character and feels perhaps it was a show for the onlookers. I dont know Im just rambling with a blown mind right now.
Now that Bill almost died, does Fleur call in her fellow frenchies for support? Does Krum get in the fight somehow? Hope the Twins get back in the story as well.
all stuff I remember speculating about between 6 and 7.
2 more things
predict all 7 horcruxes
who is R.A.B
Pottermore picking everything apart leading up to 7. It was so fun
Pottermore is a website you should absolutely not visit until you finish, Truman
I think you mean mugglenet. but yeah. I spent way too many hours reading theory articles and discussions between 6 and 7
Damn bittersweet being able to see the play by play but also knowing there is only one more of these.
Good work on this Truman much appreciated.
We know 4 of them, dont we?
2. Riddle Diary
4. The Ring
Are the other 3 even guessable at this point?
Absolutely no clue who RAB is. Random guess is Snape and he really is/was working w Dumbledore
I wouldn't worry about trying to guess them. You are starting the last book soon. Trying to guess what was going on is what people that had to wait years between books had to do.
Damn it. Yes.
I read their book and would listen to the podcast