Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TV Board' started by LionInMD, Apr 8, 2015.
Read there Harlen wiki... Had no idea nick lachey was born there.
This video has some great scenes in it.
i need to work "we dug coal together" into conversations about my close friends
Shield is most def. worth watching. Goggins is good in as well
just finished last night. Great show. Boyd Crowder is a fantastic character.
Also, the guy who played The Pig is the brother of a friend of mine. /look at me.
I've been rewatching Justified on Amazon recently. A few thoughts:
The procedural episodes were pretty fun for what they were but man did they cause the show to "waste" what could have been some great guest stars. Most notably, Ray McKinnon getting about five minutes of screen time before getting got. Imagine if they had McKinnon instead of Michael Rappaport in S5.
Forgot how much Boyd's accent changes as he becomes more and more deliberate with his speech. Last episode of S1 is great when Raylan asks him if he trusts that the gun is empty and he says he trusts his only friend in the world.
Least hottest take ever: Natalie Zea is one of the hottest women on the planet.
I don't remember McKinnon on justified. He was good in SoA
Need to do a rewatch.
He's a "Miami gun thug" in the episode where Sheriff Mosley goes after Raylan.
McKinnon and Goggins actually won an Oscar for a best short film they made called The Accountant.
Finally got past season 5 on my rewatch. Just so many missed opportunities. Michael Rappaport was really an awful choice to be the main antagonist. Looking past his horrible accent, he was just a thug. Justified always did so well to have dynamic villains, but they fucked it up with Daryl Crowe.
There were so many moving parts that I'll split it into what I thought worked and what I thought didn't work.
- The Art-Raylan storyline. Would have liked this to have been the major focus of the season with a lot more Theo Tonin.
- While Daryl Crowe sucked, I enjoyed seeing more Dewey. He's just hilariously stupid. I also liked the middle brother but wish they would have used him in place of the rest of the lot and for a shorter period of time.
- Boyd vs Johnny. This should have been a major focus too but they went too wide with it and killed Johnny off too early.
- They had too many outsiders that didn't stick around long enough. Alan Tudyk could've been great if given 6+ episodes. I would've liked to have seen more of Will Sasso and the Harris brothers too. The Canadians and hit men from Detroit would've been much more entertaining than the Crowes (although I guess they did the hitmen thing with Drew Thompson).
- Ava in prison was boring. I just didn't care at all. I guess it worked to set up her role in S6, but it didn't deserve a seasonal arch.
- The Cartel shit and Mexico was seemingly pointless too. They should have gone all in with it or not have done it at all.
- The Wendy-Kendall storyline went on way too long. I like the kid (mostly because Mud is awesome) but Wendy was mostly annoying. They should have condensed the Crowe gang into two or three characters and given them much smaller parts in the seasonal arch. Maybe have Danny getting out of prison then terrorizing Dewey at Audrey's, but certainly don't have four people relocating from Florida to "set up roots."
- I thought Amy Smart was miscast and her storyline was pointless other than tying Raylan to Kendall (they could have done this another way or not at all). Come to think of it, they already had Raylan befriend a kid with Loretta. We don't need to see him being nice to two kids to know that he'll make a decent father.
Sorry for the long post but I'm bored and wanted to share my thoughts. Now on to S6 and some enjoyable tv.
I think the Ava in jail was a necessary evil though. She had to have something happen to turn her against Boyd in season 6.
To a certain extent, yes. But that could have easily been accomplished without a full season arch.
"We dug coal" is still the best possible way they could have wrapped up the Raylan-Boyd storyline.
need to rewatch this series in the worst of ways
one of my favorite series of all time
I still use the asshole quote all the time. I love it.
Did it a few months ago. Season 2 with Mags is still one of my favorite seasons of any TV show
Imagine watching S2 and then skipping to S5...all the Crowes are basically Coover Bennett
Mags was amazing.
Did any of you actually check out the books btw? They're kind of fun and certainly an easy read.
Mags was one of the best one-off characters ever written. Margo Martindale won Justified's only Emmy for that role (and well-deserved).
Walton Goggins only got one nomination for his portrayal of Boyd, which (obviously judging by my username) I thought was a travesty.
He probably should have been born a midget and shown up for like 10% of some overblown fantasy show's scenes and he would have received more recognition. #dinklageroasted
Yup. I just watch that one season from time to time. It's incredible
I've been watching season 6 with my grandpa and there is a massive plot hole. You don't grow weed outside. Acquiring farm land is asinine for the purposes of growing marijuana commercially.
Couldn't they use aforementioned land to build the structures (greenhouses) they'd use to grow the weed?
Sure, but the actual land it's on wouldn't matter. They are scrapping over a few plots of farm land.
I'm sure it's done but the vast majority of weed especially commercial is grown in stable conditions for the maximum potency and yield.
These are backcountry Kentucky rednecks though
Where'd you learned that, Cheech? Drug school?
we have a narc
I do live in a Winnebago
Check out Dewy Crowe's tits
that is one ugly person
watched a few episodes a night over the last week for a season 6 rewatch
"we dug coal together" still is such a perfect ending
Been a long time so I just fired up the pilot for a re-watch. Kind of forgot about "we dug coal together" being in the first few minutes of the show too
That’s what makes it so powerful at the end.
Right but as I said, it's been a long time. About 8 years for this episode to be precise
Just adding to your post.
Opening theme intro song is great
Need to do a rewatch. Season two is still one of my favorite seasons of a tv show. Mags Bennett is so good.
Remember almost quitting season 1. So glad I didn't
That's my next rewatch....it is on Hulu, right?
Used to be amazon. Hopefully it still is
I'm watching on Prime
First episode is so good. Haven’t rewatched any of this show yet, about to burn through this.
just started a rewatch as well
not a lot of main narrative episodes early. mostly random side narratives but they’re still good
Season two finale with this song kicking on is some A+ work by the show runners
I was thinking about how much miss this show the other day. About time for a rewatch
missed this yesterday
That season 3 finale hits hard at the end. I'm a little glad it's been so long since I've watched this show because I forgot so much about the details